Water Rate Schedule
Effective January 1, 2015
In the spring of 2014, South Mesa Water Company concluded a six-month review of our rate structure. Starting January 1, 2015 and continuing annually until January 1, 2019, rates will be adjusted to ensure South Mesa Water Company remains financially stable heading into the future.
It is no secret California is in the middle of one of the worst droughts in history. In order to assure we have adequate water for the future we all need to reduce our water consumption. South Mesa Water Company would like to remind our customers they can control how these new rates will affect their bill through conservation and reducing their non-essential water usage.
|Bi-Monthly Meter Charge|
|Tier||Units per Share of Stock *|
|Tier 1 – Essential Use||1 – 29 units|
|Tier 2 – Moderate Use||30 – 40 units|
|Tier 3 – Excessive Use||41+ units|
|*1 unit equals 100 cubic feet or 748 gallons of water|
Water Usage Charges
- 1 share of water stock – 2,900 cubic feet in Tier 1 and 1,100 cubic feet in Tier 2 bi-monthly
- 2 shares of water stock – 5,800 cubic feet in Tier 1 and 2,200 cubic feet in Tier 2 bi-monthly
- 3 shares of water stock – 8,700 cubic feet in Tier 1 and 3,300 cubic feet in Tier 2 bi-monthly
- Each additional share of water stock – an additional 2,900 cubic feet per share in Tier 1 and an additional 1,100 cubic feet in Tier 2 bi-monthly
Annual Stock Assessment
On March 1st, an assessment of $50.00 is levied on each share of stock. This assessment maintains the assets of the Corporation. The assessment becomes delinquent on the 1 st Friday in September and subject to a 100% penalty. If the assessment and penalty are not paid by the 1 st Monday in November, the stock is forfeited to the Corporation and the property loses its right to water. The water stock must be re-purchased to restore water service to the property.
- Late fee – $5.60 Door hanger fee – $10.00
- Reconnection fee – $50.00 (for reconnection after hours, an additional $50.00 will be charged)
- Fire line service fee – $20.00 to $200.00 bi-monthly based on fire line size
- Backflow administrative charge – $15.00 annually
- Backflow administrative charge for 2nd notice – $25.00
- Backflow non-compliance – $50.00
- Department of Health Services pass-through charge for water quality monitoring from July 1 to June 30 – amount varies depending on actual cost but generally falls between $2-4 per meter per year.
- Returned check or ACH charge – $35.00
Meter Connection Fees
|Meter Connection Fees
Effective January 1, 2015
|Meter Size||Meter Including Stock
|Meter Excluding Stock
|Meter with Fire Sprinkler Connection***
* Includes one (1) share of stock, stock assessment fee, water meter, connection fee and basic installation. Installation fee may increase at the discretion of the General Manager based on the complexity of the install, distance from the water main, etc.
** Includes water meter, connection fee and basic installation. Installation fee may increase at the discretion of the General Manager based on the complexity of the install, distance from the water main, etc.
*** Includes one (1) share of stock, stock assessment fee, water meter, connection fee, fire sprinkler y-branch and basic installation. Installation fee may increase at the discretion of the General Manager based on the complexity of the install, distance from the water main, etc.
Other Meter Connection Fees
- Meter Upgrade Fee for Fire Sprinklers (5/8″ to 1″) $7,304.47
- Fire Sprinkler Y-Branch $432.87
- Basic Installation $1,000.00
- One (1) Share of Water Stock $1,500.00
- Annual Water Stock Assessment $50.00
Construction meters are allowed to be placed on approved hydrants for construction and emergency water only. Any prolonged use, for other than the above uses, is not permitted. The length of time a meter for construction can be used will be determined on a monthly basis. All permanent uses of water require the installation of an appropriate-sized meter to be installed at the prevailing fees of SMWC. It is a crime to take water from a fire hydrant without prior written permission from SMWC. The water taken from a SMWC construction meter can only be used within SMWC’s service area.
Construction meter fees are as follows:
- $1,800.00 deposit for the meter and backflow prevention device
- $50.00 fee each time meter needs to be moved to another hydrant
- Water taken from the meter is charged at $1.50 per 100 cubic feet
- $2.00 rental fee per day
Please contact our office at (909) 795-2401 to arrange for a construction meter.
Feasibility Study for New Construction
A deposit will be required for a Feasibility Study by our engineering firm to determine South Mesa Water Company’s capabilities of providing water service and fire flow for a given development. This will include a hydraulic analysis and modeling of our distribution, production and reservoir capacities and if any upgrades to our system by the developer will be required to meet the water demands of a given development. Deposits start at $7,500.00 and increase from there depending on the size and scope of the project. Deposits are due prior to the commencement of the study. Any excess funds will be refunded upon completion of the study. If required, additional costs for engineering will be due and payable upon completion on the study.
Fire Hydrant Flow Tests
Hydrant flow tests are often required by the city when improvements are made to property. A flow test is conducted on the hydrant closest to the property. To obtain a fire hydrant flow test, stop by our office to complete the necessary paperwork and pay the fee. Currently, fire hydrant flow test fees are $75.00.
South Mesa Water Company Standards
Please click on the links below for our development standards and drawings:
Development Standards – Plan Preparation, Submittal & Procedures, Fees for Service and Water Rates: Click here
Standard Specifications for Materials and Construction: Click here
Standard Drawings: Click here